Off The Mat

My Dear Friends;

Last year I participated in a 29-day gift giving challenge where I gave to friends and family, charities of your choosing, and to those I came across on the subway and streets of New York. This year I am once again taking on this beautiful one-month commitment and I am launching it on Saturday, November 27th with a very special yoga event. The details are below and I hope you will attend or make any contribution you are able.

It has been almost 2 years since I returned from my trip to Rwanda, but the impact of that experience has remained. This year I am taking part in a special charitable yoga class to raise money for Off The Mat And Into The World, an organization which works with children in South Africa touched by the HIV/AIDS crisis.

The yoga event is being held at Pure East on 203 E 86th Street from 3:30-5:30 on Saturday, November 27th. Suggested donation is $35. RSVP to pureoffthemat@gmail.com. Make a donation even if you can not attend by mailing a check made out to Off The Mat And Into The World to Jordan Marinov, 81 Olive St. #9, Brooklyn, NY 11211.

Our goal is to raise $5,000 in the next week! It is a big goal, but with your help, I know it can be achieved. Let this blog go VIRAL. Forward it to your contact list. And let's see what we can do!


In addition, I would love to once again support your favorite causes, so please send suggestions my way.

And finally, I am setting another commitment to have 10 people join me in the gift giving challenge this year. Please join me in this amazing experience. You will get back more than give, I promise.


Wishing you a joyous and healthy holiday season! Lara